Thursday, November 25, 2010

Peter Christopherson of Throbbing Gristle and Coil Dies

Some sad news on this Thanksgiving. Peter Christopherson, of industrial music pioneers Throbbing Gristle and the experimental band Coil has passed away at age 55. No cause of death is known at this time, but bandmates Chris Carter and Cosey Fani Tutti indicated he died peacefully in his sleep.

This feels strange, as my wife and I were just listening to Coil's "Love's Secret Domain" on the drive down to my brother-in-law's for Thanksgiving.

4 comments:

Calgaroo said...

I absolutely love your photos..they are gorgeous..

Dustin Terry said...

Wow, I just found this out now. This makes me very sad. I am glad he went peacefully though. He will be missed, and the legacy of his work will be left behind for many generations to come.

Joel R. Bisson said...

I'm deeply saddened by this news as I'll missing him very much and it's weird how people could die any minuet and I know that Peter's Legacy will be remember in the early and later fans of TG and Coil, I've been a Throbbing Gristle fan for sometime and was hoping to meet everyone in the band and now that will never happen and it makes me sad.

silikonanswer said...

Sad news, very nice and talented guy. I've seen him performing with Soisong. I hope someday they rerelease the Coil albums. You'll be missed, rest in peace.