Friday, December 18, 2009

Free Sample Friday: 1 Note Virus Bass Samples

Back in the early days of sampling, when memory on samplers was pretty limited, multi-sampling was not as widespread as it is today. In fact, a lot of the early synth samples I made were based on a single sampled note transposed across the entire keyboard. (Sometimes because I had stolen the sound off a record and that's all I had...) This worked better with some sounds than others, obviously, and one type of sound I found it was very cool on was bass sounds. The transposition made it punchier, and even in the high ends, you could sometimes use them as percussive "sequencer" type sounds. You can hear these kinds of sampled bass sounds on a lot of 90's era dance music.

So in that spirit, today I give you 5 single note samples of bass sounds produced by an Access Virus B. The root note of all of these is C. As usual, they are 24-bit/44.1k WAV samples.

GO GET THEM!

3 comments:

C. Puffer said...

I like the way your mind works, Tom. In keeping with that I'm going to load these into my MPC. Of course, I'll have to convert them to 16-bit, so all the better.

Anonymous said...

Thanks Tom

~w~

comprar puertas metalicas said...

I found a lot of effective data above!